Caribbean Wedding - Legalities
* Most Caribbean regions require you to apply for your marriage licence in person when you arrive.
* Assume you will need at least your passport and birth certificate with you - originals if possible.
* If you are divorced and/ or widowed, take the relevant certificates with you.
* The licence fee is usually paid on the day of application - with cash (local currency or US$) or local postage stamps. Other charges may be made for your marriage location or celebrant. Your hotel or wedding planner may well group all the costs together in your wedding quote.
* Be sure to double check the very latest advice with the relevant authority - find their details in the contacts section.
Caribbean Wedding - minimum residency at a glance:
Anguilla 2 days
Antigua 1 business day
Bahamas 2 days
Barbados 0 days
British Virgin Islands 3 business days
Cayman Islands 0 days
Dominican Republic 2 days
Grenada 5 days
Jamaica 1 day
St Kitts 0-2 days
St Lucia 0 days
St Vincent & Grenadines 1 day
Trinidad & Tobago 3 days
Turks & Caicos 3-4 days